Back To All Jobs Senior Frontend Engineer, Coinbase Consumer
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Coinbase consumer team is critical to executing on both principles. We're focussed on building the easiest and most secure way for people around the world to invest in cryptocurrencies. We take on hard engineering problems to build delightful user experiences and to keep our users' investments safe.
This is where you come in - you'll build features that help users manage their portfolio, add new assets and help Coinbase expand to new countries to make cryptocurrencies more accessible. If you're excited by the problem spaces of designing and delivering engaging user experiences, and building trustworthy financial systems, we should talk!
A little about our team: we're a multi-disciplinary product team with experts in mobile, frontend, backend, product and design. We care deeply about our tools - we've built out a React based frontend, have continuous integration with multiple daily deploys, and are working on decomposing our rails API backend into smaller, encapsulated services. We value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background. Responsibilities
- Build, test and ship new user facing code in modern tools like React, ES6, Flow, Styled Components, MobX, Jest and Webpack.
- Create trustworthy user experiences by building features that are simple, easy to comprehend, performant and reliable.
- Work with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction.
Nice to Haves
- You have 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- You've designed and shipped user-facing features in a modern, component-based UI framework.
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You've worked with production scale React apps.
- You've worked on front-end teams in the finance or security space.