Location 500 7th Ave. New York, NY or 101 S. Tryon St. Charlotte, NC. About AlphaPoint:
AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It enables customers to launch new products and services by providing institutions enterprise-grade blockchain solutions to digitize assets, launch markets, and reduce operational costs. AlphaPoint has customers across 5 continents with offices in New York, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Position Profile:
The Business Analyst within the Product Management department will have primary responsibilities including translating business needs into requirements, workflows, and designs that can be utilized by development and QA staff to achieve product, business and customer goals. The Business Analyst is required to have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of our products, in how they are installed, structured, and function. Job Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Elicit business requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Work independently with customers, users, external and internal resources, both functional and technical, to define concepts and solutions.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal resources to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements, Business Requirements, Use Cases, UI Screen design / workflow requirements and technical Interface designs, through appropriate assessment and functional specification documents.
- Present proposed solutions to Product Managers for review and approval prior to providing to customers.
- Along with reviewing and assessing customer feedback, refine and represent functional and technical designs as requirements, cost and time restrictions change.
- Work with QA to develop test scenarios, performing functional testing, and/or oversee testing prior to delivery to customer
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development teams through which requirements flow.
- Conduct requirements knowledge transfer sessions with the technical and support teams in the organization.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin
- Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, business, or related field (1-5 year of equivalent experience will also qualify)
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with common operating systems e.g. Windows, Linux and applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project)
- Able to display strong experience with systems analysis and functional design as it relates specifically to screen mock-ups and site navigation.
- Experience working with an internal development team consisting of other Business Analysts, Software Architects, Software Engineers UX Designers, and Quality Assurance Testers.
- Project planning skills with the ability to handle large work-load, facilitate the activities of dynamic workgroups, and multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with technical, business, and management staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Be professional, organized and be able to prioritize and manage own workload
- Possess characteristics such as adaptability, positivity and proactiveness. Must also be calm under pressure and have strong customer service skills
- Crypto-currency, blockchain and/or capital markets knowledge preferred