Back To All Jobs Accounting Policy Analyst
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase exists to change the world. By creating an open financial system we will bring about more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity on a global scale. Operating across 33 countries, Coinbase is the world's largest retail brokerage and exchange generating $1 billion in revenue for 2017. Global regulatory compliance is essential to ensuring the trust and safety of our world-wide clients in an ever-evolving fiscal environment.
The Accounting Policy function will be an integral component of FInance's risk management process and driving consistent application of accounting across the company. As such, we are looking for an experienced accounting professional to support high quality accounting and reporting standards.
Coinbase is looking for an Accounting Policy Analyst to work with the Head of Accounting Policy in partnering directly with the CFO and Chief Accounting Officer to drive accounting policy for crypto assets while implementing new FASB standards and accounting guidance. Responsibilities
- Research new accounting guidance and prepare/update accounting memos to document conclusions on the impact to the Company
- Assist in the maintenance of up to date accounting standards and policies
- Track developments from US GAAP and IFRS accounting standard setters (i.e., FASB, AICPA, IASB, etc.)
- Assist implementation efforts for new accounting standards under US GAAP and IFRS
- Assist in the preparation of financial statement footnote disclosures and review disclosures for compliance with US GAAP and IFRS where applicable
- Assist the Head of Accounting Policy and CAO with ad-hoc tasks
- Assist in drafting presentations related to accounting and finance matters for presentation to senior management and the audit committee
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- CPA is required and Big 4 a plus
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP required and IFRS a plus
- 5+ years work experience in similar position in the financial services industry or 5+ years work experience in public accounting with strong background in accounting policies and accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate technical data into operational speak and impact analysis for the business
- Strong communication skills - ability to work across region and function. Includes being able to produce technical education and training material and present this across various forums
- Problem solving skills (ability to quickly structure, understand, solve complex issues and provide pragmatic solutions) Ability to make this thought-process and the conclusions transparent to team members. This must also include the ability to spot interdependencies, risks and conflicts during the issue resolution process