Back To All Jobs Product Security Lead
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase's Security team is the prime enabler of the Coinbase vision and custodian of our first operating principle: be the most trusted company in our domain. We work relentlessly to protect our Customers and our co-workers from threats both near and far.
We are looking for a Product Security Lead to drive our Charter: we work in tandem with Product and Engineering to design, build and operate secure systems in defense of Open Financial Systems. The services we offer and software we write enables security by default. We favor approaches that eliminate classes of vulnerability, systematically reduce risk, and provably increase trust in our software. Success in this role depends on expanding the capability of the product security through hiring, automation, and enlightened process. Your experience will be called on to make critical security decisions and tradeoffs. Your leadership and team enablement will allow you to scale through your team and succeed in all your responsibilities. Responsibilities:
- Continue building process and staffing the team to meet operational excellence OKRs
- Successfully implement the next generation of our Agile SDLC that appropriately covers all user-facing products.
- Drive high-quality security automation coverage for all critical product code paths.
- Drive full preventative security review coverage of all critical projects, code changes, and operations.
- Be the primary security pivot point & decision maker for the product engineering teams.
- Own the vision for how Product Security will scale to maintain our security bar while meeting product & engineering growth needs.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Minimum 3 years of security leadership experience.
- Ability to hire and retain security talent.
- Working fluency with current web security, with Ruby on Rails experience strongly preferred.
- Track record of earning and keeping partner team trust.
- Strong preference for Cryptocurrency fluency
- Experience working in a high security, high control, or finance environment.
- Experience adapting traditional SDLC models to an agile workflow.
- Ability to work in multi-office environments.