Back To All Jobs Product Manager, Trading Services
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easy and delightful to use.
To remain the most trusted company in our domain, we are seeking an exceptional product leader for our payments team. You will leverage strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills.
In this role, you will guide the development of our trading services which are responsible for providing liquidity and executing trades for our business units. These services play a vital role in making digital currency accessible to millions of users. Each day, our trading services process millions of dollars worth of trading activity over a variety of assets while keeping track of the health of the underlying markets. You will work closely with our Consumer and Pro business units to build and deliver a roadmap which creates the best crypto trading experience in our industry. Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for systems that provide access to liquidity and execute trades for our business units. This includes efficient routing of trades, risk management and sourcing new pools of liquidity.
- You will work directly with other product managers, functional leaders across the company, and the engineering team to prioritize, define, and build the most trustworthy set of trading features in our industry.
- You will also work closely with our markets team to ensure that our trading activity is taking place in healthy markets.
- You will also work closely with finance, legal and compliance to ensure that our trading execution strategies are compliant with regulations and clear and fair to our customers.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Prior product leadership experience with one or more successful products or services.
- Ability to manipulate raw data and to apply a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Ability to investigate complex problems and design simple solutions for them.
- Ability to lead through influence.
- Experience working directly with product and engineering teams.
- Understanding of effective agile processes.
- Alignment with our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Experience with trading or marketplace products or services would be preferable.
- An ongoing interest in digital currency or a strong desire to learn.