Back To All Jobs Senior Manager, Global Vendor Operations
San Francisco, Portland or Dublin
As a Senior Manager for Global Vendor Operations, you'll be responsible for scaling the Coinbase BPO program across multiple scopes of work, channels and regional locations for the customer support organization. You will partner closely with multiple teams and vendor partners to effectively set supplier strategies to achieve service level agreements, optimize costs and provide a delightful customer experience. You will be responsible for managing a distributed team, serving as a leader, mentor and subject matter expertise in vendor management. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading global vendor operations and managing supplier relationships to achieve service level agreements and operational excellence.
- Define and execute on transformative strategies to support a 24x7 delivery model across multiple channels, including phone, e-mail, chat and social.
- Build and hire a distributed team, providing expertise across multiple aspects of vendor management, including governance, process excellence, quality and training.
- Create and maintain a robust governance, risk management and feedback model to ensure accountability and establish clear escalation paths across different levels of the engagement.
- Serve as a member of the support leadership team and determine strategies for scaling new and existing lines of business and channels.
- Partner with sourcing to generate continuous value through commercials and contract management, including the facilitation of RFP/RFI processes and maintenance of new and existing vendor agreements.
- Drive success for vendors and vendor managers by ensuring that appropriate infrastructure, tools and systems are in place.
- Launch incrementally new vendor sites through facilitation of cross-functional partnerships and mobilization with suppliers.
- Develop business process continuity processes to provide redundancy across multiple locations.
- Utilize analytics and metrics to drive initiatives around workforce management, cost optimization and channel distribution.
- Establish the highest level of physical, network and IT security standards within all delivery centers.
- Focus on growth opportunities throughout the organization, including development of managers and leads and learning opportunities across multiple disciplines.
- Continuously add value through effective project management, ruthless prioritization and efficient execution.
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Minimum of 6 years of vendor management experience, specifically with business process outsourcing (BPO) engagements and contract management.
- Ability to communicate cross functionally and globally.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 40% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Familiarity with banking regulations, payment processes, compliance, consumer or institutional operations.
- Experience working with localization vendors.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.