Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
Circle is seeking an Executive Creative Director, Gigantic Idea Generator, Opinion Wrangler, Crazy Dream Inspirer, Left Brain Stimulator, Right Brain Realist with lots of opinions and as many guts to oversee all brand creative across our US, Asian and European markets.
You are a seasoned veteran with 12-15+ years of creative experience. You have done compelling and strategic work yourself and have inspired teams to do it. You want to understand the why behind projects and push for the why not. A visionary and detail-obsessed. You're not afraid to stand up for what you believe in or to step aside when a better idea comes along. You always think the creative can be better. And when you're not inspiring your team, you're consulting c-suite, collaborating with product marketing leads, hopping a plane to London and cramming all of those big ideas into a budget that you manage.
Prior consumer product and product marketing experience is big. Strong creative leadership and chops in digital marketing and brand strategy (with numbers to back up the swagger) is a must, and preferably the formulation of new brands for best in class companies.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Develop and nurture overall brand strategy and vision, product image, company values and customer experience across US, European and Asian markets
- Elevate the Circle brand to the level of brands we love such as AirBnB, Amazon and Spotify
- Determine, prioritize and initiate the projects most meaningful for growth and brand
- Set the creative agenda and help to evolve the go-to-market strategy for future opportunities (read: total world domination)
- Lead, coach and inspire your teams: designers, writers, producers, illustrators and developers
- Ensure company-wide buy-in for that aforementioned creative agenda
- Build collaborative relationships with key internal team members, partner and collaborate with SVP of product, VP of product marketing, Regional and Local Go-To-Market Teams, COO, VP Customer Support, Head of Recruiting to not only get new customers, new recruits but engage with them and make them fall in love with Circle
- Share new brand initiatives globally and crunch numbers to show how those initiatives help marketing, recruiting and business development efforts
- Be the place where the buck stops for all creative your team produces, including advertising, integrated campaigns, promotions, corporate assets and circle.com
- 10+ years of experience in writing or art direction, another 5+ years' experience in creative leadership, strategy and measurement (bonus points for brands we admire)
- Proven success elevating creative, with a mix of consumer brand and product experience
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence change across an entire organization while collaborating effectively with individuals at all levels
- In tune with the global marketplace and be able to interpret trends and analyze impact while incorporating a new idea
- Comfortable in a lean startup environment and passion for our company mission and the work itself
- Ability to work across multiple internal teams and time zones with different goals, cultures and audiences - a team player, a strong collaborator
- A portfolio that excites us
- Brand identity creation (especially if it's a brand we love)
- Fearlessness coupled with empathy and open-mindedness
- Witty banter on Slack
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .