Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
Circle is a consumer Internet company focused on transforming the world economy with secure, simple, and less costly technology for storing and usingmoney. Circle is backed by $136 million from investors including Goldman Sachs, Baidu, CreditEase, IDG China, Breyer Capital, Accel and General Catalyst. With offices in Boston, San Francisco,Dublinand London,Circle is building mobile apps aimed at enabling greater ease-of-use in online and in-person payments, with enhanced security and privacy, and the convenience of free, instant, global digital money transfers.
Our passion is building apps and experiences that our customers (and friends) love to use.As an API developer at Circle, you'll own entire features from concept to deployment. That means you'll have the freedom to shape the product as you see fit - from initial specs to API development (mostly in node.js ) to the public release and announcement. There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth and leadership.
We're looking for highly motivated individuals who seek a fun, collaborative, iterative and fast-paced environment.What you will work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Create, own, and iterate upon product features that will shape the future of the company
- Collaborate with a fun, passionate team to help craft elegant solutions to problems using the latest technologies
- Develop features on both the frontend (AngularJS) and backend ( node.js ) of our product
- Build an app that your friends and family will love to use
Nice to have:
- Experience building/running an application in production using a modern web technology (Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Django)
- Desire to build and maintain the backbone of our system which powers our web, iOS and Android clients
- Passion for writing beautiful, functional and well tested code
- Linux Shell scripting experience
- Machine learning algorithms experience
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .