Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
Circle is looking for an exceptional Senior Accountant to be the lead representative in all customer transactional flow accounting needs across varying business units including reconciliation, journal entries, exception monitoring and analysis. As a multi-entity, international company, the Senior Accountant works with multiple banking partners, processing platforms and varying currencies. The Senior Accountant will work closely with engineering, risk team and general finance team.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Oversee all product-originated customer flows and corresponding cash movements reconciliations
- Monitor and ensure ongoing accurate reporting and safeguarding of customer owned assets
- Lead efforts in monthly close on product & customer-related accounting items
- Work in collaboration with Risk, Compliance and Treasury departments to ensure that all reporting requirements are met, and to ensure ongoing appropriate capital funding
- Ensure intercompany customer accounts are properly stated and reconciled
- Assist with relevant annual audit and tax reporting requirements involving customer activities
- Perform special accounting analysis and projects, as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Direct experience performing detailed reconciliations
- Strong technical accounting skills and be current with regulations and compliance issues
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .