Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
To ensure Circle continues to meet and maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory, policy and business obligations within Financial Crime and Payment Service regulation in EMEA, the role will drive the development, maintenance and implementation of appropriate and effective compliance controls across all Products and Services in the EMEA Region.
Reporting to the Director of Compliance, EMEA and MLRO, the role holder will play a key part in effective compliance delivery for these product areas by supporting the business as the Compliance subject matter expert and advising on strategic and operational product specific matters.What you'll work on
What you'll bring to Circle
- Liaison across the business to discuss and communicate compliance activities, and understand business needs and current issues in product markets.
- Design and conducts/oversees compliance risk assessments to identify and assist the business in mitigating regulatory risks.
- Trusted advisor in relation to privacy and data compliance, responding to internal and external questions, and acting as key Liaison with Information Security.
- Provide oversight to the compliance team and Senior Management through development and execution of the regulatory compliance programme and operating plan.
- Manage annual and periodic compliance assessments and lead the implementation of any recommendations.
- Act as SME and SPOC for specific compliance product requirements, liaising in conjunction with Director where necessary.
- Monitor regulatory bodies for regulatory changes potentially impacting the business, assessing the impact of changes, and coordinate with business partners to understand and document specific process, policy and technical impacts associated with regulatory change.
- Understand the impact of regulatory requirements on Circles processes and the business areas that use them and work in conjunction to assist in developing operating processes that implement the requirements in an optimal way from a client experience, process & cost efficiency perspective.
- Assist in the development of MLRO report, and the development of MI to support the effective creation of Board level submissions.
- Responsible for the delivery of compliance monitoring requirements, in line with Compliance Monitoring plan and road map requirements.
- Drive Compliance awareness within product field, identifying areas of concern and consideration.
- Establish creation of higher standard compliance MI within the Business, for assimilation into MLRO report and board/committee submissions.
- Strong compliance experience in a fin-tech/payments business, with understanding of applicable FCA handbooks.
- Good understanding of Payment Services Regulations 2017, GDPR and Money Laundering Regulations 2017 as well as detailed knowledge of industry guidance such as JMLSG.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects.
- Experience in policy and procedure drafting.
- Experience in providing training and advice to internal stakeholders.
- Relevant industry qualifications.
- Change Agent, comfortable in a dynamic environment.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .