Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
As a senior member of the platform organization, you will coach the engineers responsible for crypto-currency and fiat payment systems, trading infrastructure and a range of back-office applications.What you'll work on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Empower the engineering team to achieve a high level of technical productivity and quality
- Recruit outstanding engineers, in collaboration with Circle's recruiting team
- Partner with product managers to ensure the platform teams' contributions align with product release schedules
- Help engineers grow in their own career paths, learning new technologies and tackling increasingly challenging projects
Nice to have:
- Experience mentoring new managers in building productive engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, able to listen to and share ideas, effectively present concepts and work with remote teams
- Technical Depth. You are deeply technical, and use your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Experience with designing, building and deploying secure, scalable services in the cloud
- Results-oriented focus, encouraging managers to set and track goals for themselves and their teams
- Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team
- Champion best practices and seek improvements to our agile processes
- An interest in making an impact to the way money moves between people globally
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Mac OSX and GSuite
- Experience with REST APIs and SQL Databases
- Experience with payment gateways or real-time trading systems
- Interest in crypto-currency and blockchain technology
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .