Director of Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
As a Director of Data Science, you will provide direct, hands-on leadership to a team of data scientists, while working closely with engineers who productize machine learning solutions. Your work will be central to meeting Circle's goal of becoming the premier platform for tokenizing, investing in and trading of crypto assets. As a part of your job you will interface with business stakeholders and have an opportunity to significantly impact results and decision making for risk, compliance, marketing and trading functions at Circle. Importantly, your work will help improve customer experience across a range of products offered by Circle. Projects we are working on (and you may work on, too)
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Expand Circle's existing machine learning capabilities to deliver the next generation of more accurate, scalable models that continuously adapt to changing business needs
- Productize autonomous machine learning solutions to create reliable training and deployment pipelines in order to deliver the best possible experience for our customers, improve customer retention, prevent fraud, stop account takeovers and better enforce compliance regulations
- Grow and mentor a team of Data Scientists to enable them to apply the most appropriate techniques to the most important business needs related to blockchain, finance and behavioral analytics
- Create and foster a virtuous cycle between the Data Science team and the organizations that use the models they build
- Master's degree or higher from a leading institution in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- 10+ years of industry experience in data science and analytics including hands on experience implementing machine learning solutions in production applications.
- Previous experience managing a team of data scientists, including all aspects of hiring, leading and mentoring the team
- Proven ability to translate complex business problems into realm of analytics and machine learning and collaborate with business on deploying, utilizing and enhancing resulting solutions
- Expertise in one Python, or R
- Experience working with RDBM systems, particularly familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with common software development (e.g., git, Jira) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Docker, Jenkins) as well as AWS technology stack
- PhD, further education or experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, or other data related fields
- Experience building data solutions using Spark, Cassandra, HBase or related technologies
- Interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .