Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
At Circle we are looking for an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Analyst to join the AML Operations Team within our Risk organisation. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML investigations and experience working within AML compliance programs, who enjoys analytical challenges and is extremely customer focused. He/She will also help in detecting fraudulent activity, suspicious/illegal behaviours and patterns and manage projects focused on preventing and detecting financial crime- while still providing a great customer experience.What you will be working on:
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Responsible for conducting sanctions checks, identity verification (IDV/KYC).
- Investigate, analyze and identify AML issues which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Ensure customers are compliant with the laws and regulations to satisfy Circle's obligations to the appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Identify suspicious activity, investigate patterns / typologies and work on appropriate solutions.
- Maintain a strong operational focus with the ability to manage time sensitive workflows across competing priorities.
- Suggest improvements to internal triggers, policies/procedures, give constructive feedback to our product teams on improvements to be made to internal tools that will lead to greater efficiency for the AML ops team and the customer.
- Ability to understand complex business problems, break down analytical projects into a structured approach and formalize complex ideas into a well defined logic.
- Strong urge to always put the 'customer first' and show an empathetic side for the customer experience.
- B.A./B.S. degree from a leading academic institution.
- 1+ years experience conducting AML investigations and applicable reporting, strong knowledge of AML regulations.
- Strong understanding of fraud / risk / trust & safety / identity in financial services / payments / ecommerce industries; cryptocurrency industry experience and interest is a plus.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision making skills, bias for action and sound judgement. CAMS certification is a plus.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are anequal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .