Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain's engineering team is building technologies that are revolutionizing the financial services industry by empowering millions across the globe to authenticate and transact immediately and without costly intermediaries.
We are looking for a Software Engineer focused on test automation and quality to join our growing engineering team, to create, iterate and maintain high-quality software that empower users all over the world. Ultimately, you should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our fast growth and the rapidly evolving crypto ecosystem.
Our engineering team is tackling some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space while rapidly and securely scaling a distributed platform that touches millions of people a day. We want you to join us! WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Use your coding skills to build and maintain software to perform thorough functional performance and stress testing of Blockchain software products and features.
- Define, write and maintain automated test harness software to handle end-to-end automated testing of back-end services and APIs and mobile apps on iOS and Android.
- Write and maintain automated test cases within the test harness you create.
- Define, write, and implement automation strategy for testing.
- Integrate automation software with continuous integration and deployment systems and central reporting dashboards.
- Create and maintain software tools to assist services and mobile feature developers and manual testers with adhoc testing.
- Collaborate with features developers on test automation hooks and instrumentation.
- Provide and accept technical feedback on requirements for expanding test harness capabilities and participate with the implementation and testing of these features.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Research and advise on new and alternative tools, technologies and test automation approaches.
- Design, build and document effective, reusable and maintainable automated functional test framework for testing UI, API and database that facilitates automation scripting, execution and analysis of results.
- Develop, apply and maintain quality assurance automated testing standards, techniques and procedures.
- Provide leadership across the engineering and QA teams to define requirements, do technical analysis of technology and current workflow and generate automation plans for new projects.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for test engineers on multiple applications/projects onshore and offshore; train and mentor project team members to create, execute, analyze, and maintain automated regression suites.
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Hands-on test automation development experience including:
- Experience in automation at service and UI levels.
- In-depth knowledge of testing methodologies and best practices.
- Familiarity and experience around using REST and WebSockets.
- Experience with distributed performance and loading test of services.
- Experience working with industry automation tools, such as Selenium, Appium, Protractor, SoapUI strongly preferred
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Experience working with industry automation tools.
- Experience with defect tracking tools such as Atlassian JIRA.
- White-box/Gray-box testing experience preferred
- Expertise in defining and tracking quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status preferred
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- You believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch) and New York (SoHo).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume and/or CV and your LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github or Stackoverflow or links to past projects, a portfolio, or piece of work you're proud of. (if applicable)
- Your favorite GIF.