SportVEST is a Tokenized Sports Venture Capital Fund on the Blockchain. It is a new fund with potential AUM ($100M+).
SportVEST is exclusively investing in future of sports and creating sports as a new asset class. With evolution of fundraising protocols, we are rewriting the venture investment thesis with an enhanced NAV measurement. Venture Capital has to evolve with evolution of new fundraising protocols and new investment algorithms. Understanding and researching of several use cases in sports industry has helped us build this fund. We will be focusing on investing in those use cases and beyond. We are at the intersection of sports and Blockchain and pushing the sports economy beyond $500Bn+. This is the sports industries first Blockchain VC fund. For more information on our fund model and investment thesis visit: www.sportvest.io.
SportVEST is looking for a General Partner to join our other General Partners. This is a senior executive position and at the top level of our business. We're seeking an experienced, full-time GP with strong fundraising and venture capital /sports investment / TMT experience. He / she will work closely with the other GPs, our global team and Board of Advisors. The GP will be involved in the creation of a unique portfolio along with other executive members of the fund.
As a General Partner your duties will include but will not limited to the following:
- Strong Fundraising experience. Have a rolodex in investment banking, family offices, potential investors and / or sports club executives.
- Work closely and take ownership in all fundraising processes.
- Ability to raise money through your network.
- Leverage existing and establish new relationships with investment bankers, family offices and potential investors to increase business development opportunities and fund’s fundraising process.
- Represent SportVEST’s effort with interested external constituents of sports companies, sports executives and other sport VC funds and sports investments.
- Strong research and analytical skills, particularly in the area of venture investing.
- Introduce and connect SportVEST and its investments through corporate briefings, conferences, and other public events. Attend, represent and speak for SportVEST at relevant events.
- Strong sports and TMT Business development and relationship building skills.
- Strong social media presence. Writing regular articles on venture capital, sports technology and blockchain.
- Develop and grow the firm’s ecosystem.
- Manage a global team located in US, UK, EU, China, NZ. Ability to work with investors and internal team in global time zones.
- Work with the other General Partners and Board of Directors.
- Propose improvements to existing features.
- Communicate and prioritize these improvements along with other development priorities.
- Build and evaluate deal flow and have a strong understanding of due diligence processes.
- Analyze and identify relevant investment opportunities.
- Analyze the leadership and teams to determine which investments the fund will consider.
- Attend regular Fund Advisory Board meetings once the fund is operational.
- Strategic decision making.
- Ad hoc tasks linked to your skillset.
- Excellent work ethic with professional attitude.
- Self motivated.
- Keep up with the market trends in the crypto community and blockchain ecosystem.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in either the sports management / investment or venture capital sectors with multiple exits.
- Must have a strong rolodex in investment banking, family offices, potential investors and / or sports club management, athletes and executives.
- Experience in investment banking, management consulting in TMT / sports sector is preferred.
- For sports athletes, min 2-3 years of experience in sports management / venture capital / sports investment background.
- Ability to build strong relationships with sports talent and portfolio companies, investment banking, family offices and potential investors.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and commitment to continuous improvement
- Optimistic and collaborative with a high degree of intellectual curiosity and strong EQ.
- Proven sports business, M&A experience preferred.
- Blockchain knowledge an advantage.
- Must have strong social media presence and be comfortable writing VC, Sports and blockchain articles on behalf of SportVEST and other publishing media.
- MBA from a top university or advanced degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of finance, investment and private equity preferred.
- Sports or TMT advanced degree preferred.
NYC preferred. Other locations welcome.
- Substantial Equity
- Bonuses & Dividends
Please send a detail cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SportVEST is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.