Back To All Jobs Sr Engineer, Identity and Access Management
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is hiring! We are looking for a seasoned engineer to support the team that automates identity management, role based access controls, and the onboarding and offboarding workflow for our systems. The successful candidate will have demonstrated previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments, and will be able to execute quickly and efficiently. Responsibilities:
- Technical implementation and configuration of various tools used to automate identity management, account provisioning and deprovisioning, and the assignment of access levels based on role.
- Ongoing streamlining of configuration, simplification of process, and assessment of the current tools landscape, in order to keep Coinbase a best-in-class shop.
- Handle manual exceptions as needed and gradually standardize and automate them away.
- Work with IT Endpoint Management and Network teams to integrate the endpoint fleet and the network access layer with core authentication and authorization systems.
- Work with Security to establish and maintain a secure IAM framework that protects the company and our customers.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- 7-10 years relevant experience.
- Substantial administration experience with cloud based identity providers.
- Previous experience integrating identity providers and HRIS systems.
- Previous experience automating the hire-to-retire process lifecycle in IT, particularly onboarding and offboarding and provisioning and deprovisioning of account access.
- Knowledge of network layer and endpoint authentication mechanisms.
- Fluency in a scripting language.
- Desirable: previous experience as a member of a security team.
- Desirable: previous experience with compliance and audit frameworks.