Back To All Jobs Transaction Monitoring System Senior Analyst
San Francisco, CA; Portland, OR; New York, NY
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We pursue high standards in managing financial crime risks in the use of digital currencies and complying with the BSA/AML regulatory requirements.
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional who will assist Coinbase in creating and maintaining a comprehensive and scalable Transaction Monitoring System (TMS). TMS will be used to identify and report suspicious activity and will enable continued regulatory compliance as we create an open financial system. Responsibilities:
- Assist in the ongoing TMS development, testing and production deployment.
- Gather transaction monitoring requirements from stakeholders across Coinbase Global and work with the Engineering teams to prioritize and implement.
- Document Coinbase business changes (new currency launches, business units, jurisdictions etc.) and associated changes to the TMS system functionalities.
- Perform testing of the TMS product, track bug fixes, resolve open deficiencies and document results of testing and user acceptance
- Maintain the accuracy and upkeep of TMS reference data. Examples include: internal watchlist, alert whitelist and country risk rating
- Track emerging cryptocurrency transaction monitoring regulatory requirements and assess changes to existing TMS and business processes.
- Assist in developing TMS governance controls and tracking adherence
- Assist in the NYDFS 504 Transaction Monitoring certification process by maintaining supporting documents, tracking internal updates and supporting governance processes.
- Assist in the development of Blockchain Analytics Tool (specifications, testing and tuning) and use in the TMS for alert generation and investigation
- Own, develop and maintain TMS documentation for regulators and external stakeholders
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in implementation of a transaction monitoring system at a financial institution or a fintech firm
- Hands-on implementation experience of at least one of the following transaction monitoring products: Actimize SAM, Mantas, Norkom and SAS-AML or a similar internal Transaction Monitoring System
- Must have a strong understanding of BSA/AML compliance program, money laundering risks and AML transaction monitoring requirements
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrencies and associated money laundering risks
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate in a cross-functional environment and under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and data analysis tools such as SQL
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills, and a quick learner. Demonstrate Coinbase values
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.