At Uphold, our mission is to create trusted access to digital money and financial services for the many. Since inception, we have fought to provide a fairer, easier and more affordable system. We favor speed, simplicity and ease of use over complexity. We put security and transparency first. Our commitment to transparency sets a new standard for the industry. Unlike banks, we are fully reserved, and transparent: we hold assets to match our obligations and publish both in real time.
Presently we are seeking a Fraud Prevention Manager who will be responsible for the development and implementation of our fraud/risk strategies improving our ability to detect fraud/risk before an incident occurs This position will report to the Chief Compliance Officer .
Candidates should have at least eight years of risk management experience, preferably in a supervisory capacity. Experience working in e-commerce/m-commerce with traditional and alternative payment methods is required.
We are looking for a self motivated individual with the ability to accomplish their job duties working in a remote environment. Possible relocation to the San Francisco area in the future, and ability to travel is required.
The Fraud Manager will identify fraud patterns and develop risk mitigation processes within Uphold’s Information and Security Team, while partnering with Product and Analytics teams to develop optimal solution for maximum automation of fraud detection activities.
Responsibilities are focused on building and streamlining rules and strategies to detect and mitigate online risk, and protecting consumers, merchants, and financial partners from fraudulent schemes and attacks.
- Develop and implement fraud/risk rules and strategies to improve fraud detection accuracy
- Credit card fraud mitigation experience
- Analyze large data sets and perform ad-hoc analysis to identify fraud trends, take action to stop fraud activity, enhance fraud rules, and improve automation
- Manage and develop fraud policies and processes to identify and minimize fraud
- Monitor and validate the fraud rule performance to ensure optimal results
- Work with modelers to evaluate and improve model performance by identifying data gaps or new variables
- Identify and build fraud metrics for KPIs, reports and dashboards to monitor and benchmark performance
- Collaborate closely with and provide Product Managers with business requirements that would improve risk tools and detection of emerging e-commerce fraud trends
- Perform business unit and user acceptance testing and coordinate process changes for new code releases
- Develop and continuously improve process to identify, communicate, and escalate fraud activity to internal and external stakeholders
- Hire, manage and lead a team of Senior and Junior Fraud Analysts
- Bachelor degree in Math, Statistics, Operations Research or related fields; Master’s degree a plus
- 8+ years risk management experience in e-commerce/m-commerce with traditional and alternative payment methods
- Ability to successfully manage and lead a team of Fraud Analysts of varying experience levels
- Ability to analyze fraud patterns, create empirical rules and prevention strategy to identify and mitigate fraud attacks
- Extensive knowledge in card-not-present fraud schemes, its risk prevention methods and detection tools for digital, virtual and physical goods
- Experience mitigating online fraud, such as account takeover, phishing, online card testing, etc.
- Strong quantitative analytical experience, including background with statistical modeling & analysis
- Experience in regression modeling, neural networks, decision trees, and similar methodology for detecting and preventing online fraud
- Ability to analyze large transactional data sets, interpret ambiguous situations, and make decisions under pressure
- Strong understanding of the online payments landscape across all participants – issuer, merchant, acquirer and network
- Advanced skills in SAS Enterprise Guide, SQL, UNIX, and Excel
- Proficient with MS Access, PowerPoint & Office
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on a course of action
- Creative, team-focused, and effective problem solver
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.