Back To All Jobs Head of DC / Government Affairs
Remote - Washington D.C.
We are building a world-class GA team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to expand the company internationally. We are looking to hire exceptional leadership to help build our federal Government Affairs team in DC.
The Director role is based in Washington, DC and will report directly to the Head of Public Policy for Coinbase. Working closely with senior executives in San Francisco, you will take a leadership role in designing and implementing federal Government Affairs strategy, with a special focus on regulatory strategy involving federal financial regulators, such as the SEC, CFTC, FinCEN and others. You will work with business, legal and communications teams and must coordinate to ensure that policy efforts are harmonized with state, local and global initiatives. You will educate and advocate widely to ensure that Coinbase is recognized as the best in class standard as the most trusted player in the digital currency industry. Responsibilities:
- Lead the DC federal GA team in identifying, monitoring, educating and advocating to develop a legal and regulatory framework that permits the digital currency ecosystem to grow responsibly. You will work with lobbying firms and hire a Coinbase DC team of up to 4 people in the first year.
- Manage day-to-day federal GA operations in D.C. You will report to the global head of public policy and coordinate with colleagues in the legal, communications and GA departments within Coinbase.
- Represent Coinbase before policymakers in D.C. as appropriate. You must enhance Coinbase's brand as the most trusted in our space, and you must be able to build that trust with regulators and other policy makers.
- Continuously monitor federal policy issues to ensure that Coinbase is able to influence relevant public policy considerations by engaging at a very early stage in the process.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- Ten or more years experience working in or with senior levels of a financial services regulator in Washington, DC, such as the SEC, CFTC, FinCEN, or in a senior role on Capitol Hill working on financial services oversight and legislation.
- Three or more years experience in an operational government affairs role, which can be either as a consultant, trade association executive or in-house employee.
- Must have a deep understanding on federal regulatory and legislative procedures, particularly as they affect high technology financial services companies.
- Management experience preferred. You must be prepared to build and lead a DC based team in a fast moving industry that receives a wide array of regulatory and legislative interest. You must also be able to work effectively with consultants on a regular basis.
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, and business pragmatism. You must be able to make tactical GA decisions in a fast-growth, regulated financial services firm with minimal supervision.