Back To All Jobs TMS Analytics Lead
Portland, San Francisco, New York
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We pursue high standards in managing financial crime risks in the use of digital currencies and complying with the BSA/AML regulatory requirements.
We are looking for an experienced compliance professional who will assist Coinbase in the development and ongoing tuning and optimization of the Transaction Monitoring System (TMS) detection models. Responsibilities:
- Develop, enhance and test effectiveness of the TMS detection models, and reduce false positives
- Maintain TMS configuration and thresholds as per the direction of Compliance Management
- Own the ongoing TMS tuning and optimization including customer segmentation attributes and methodology, AML detection models and model productivity
- Assist in the development and testing of the Blockchain Analytics Tool and its use in the TMS alert generation
- Track emerging cryptocurrency transaction monitoring regulatory requirements and assess changes to the TMS detection models
- Liaise with the alert investigations team to reduce false positives
- Own TMS weekly/monthly TMS reports for the Compliance leadership and identify actionable insights and improvement areas
- Own, develop and maintain TMS tuning and optimization documents
- Assist in the annual NYDFS 504 Transaction Monitoring certification process by maintaining supporting documents, tracking internal updates and supporting the governance process
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in TMS analytics at a financial institution or a major consulting firm.
- Strong knowledge of AML transaction monitoring, money laundering risks and AML detection models.
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrencies and associated money laundering risks
- Experience of data analysis and programming tools such as SQL, R and Python
- Knowledge of supervisory self-learning models (machine learning) in AML space and testing model effectiveness
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills, and a quick learner. Demonstrate Coinbase values.
- Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science or Equivalent