AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It enables customers to launch new products and services by providing institutions enterprise-grade blockchain solutions to digitize assets, launch markets, and reduce operational costs. AlphaPoint has customers across 5 continents with offices in New York, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
A dynamic private equity backed SAAS company is in its infancy stages and looking for a Controller to help establish the formal Accounting department . Our Controller will build and manage a team of Accountants who will be focused on driving and closing the financial reporting process, review GAAP pronouncements and apply new standards to the organization. This individual will also lead the financial audit process, prepare white papers and develop KPI for the Accounting Department.
AlphaPoint is seeking a Controller who can drive purchase accounting and integrates newly acquired companies into our ERP system. Our Controller will lead process improvement initiatives, balance intercompany accounts, and act in a hands-on approach by completing and delivering on ad hoc projects.
● Supervise accounting staff/partners for functions such as billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and others.
● Hands on management of the client billing, accounts receivable and sales commission calculations functions
● Perform monthly/annual financial closings and financial reporting, GL reconciliations, cash management, revenue recognition and project reporting as needed.
● Manage overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting, financial analyses and other projects as requested.
● Track client changes and associated revenue: deferred revenue, revenue tracking and reporting
● Lead the process with outside auditors during the year end and interim financial audits.
● Assist in selection of new accounting system and bring the company through systems implementation and transition.
● Assist in preparation of presentations for Management and Board of Directors.
● Create and develop accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices.
● Ensure US GAAP accounting/financial standards are maintained.
Required Skills and Experience:
● Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent field required; CPA required.
● At least 8 years of experience in general accounting experience
● At least 3 years of experience in public accounting experience highly preferred
● Display strong understanding of U.S. GAAP required
● Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks and work with multiple clients required
● Excellent communication and writing skills required
● Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimal supervision
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
● Team management experience required.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin