Back To All Jobs Product Manager, Crypto Payments
San Francisco, CA
Help us build the crypto payments infrastructure for the world. We're looking for an exceptional product leader to join our Cryptocurrency Payments Team. This team is responsible for providing access to crypto assets for millions of customers and powers some of Coinbase's most crucial products.
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by creating an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone.
The Cryptocurrency Payments Team is responsible for building and maintaining Coinbase's integrations with a growing list of blockchains and their respective digital currencies or tokens. The team ensures reliable and performant payments services to Coinbase business units via well specified APIs and blockchain infrastructure.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop product strategy to facilitate the addition of hundreds of future crypto assets.
- Help define our asset listing roadmap by driving decisions with business, technology, legal and compliance partners .
- Develop a vision and strategy to build the most robust cryptocurrency services to support Coinbase's business units.
- Identify core features and service interfaces we need in order to support internal and external customers.
- Work directly with other product managers, functional leaders across the company, and the engineering team to prioritize, define, and build the most trustworthy suite of crypto systems and products on the planet.
- Be responsible for systems that integrate with various blockchains and crypto networks and that integrate seamlessly with our transactional payment infrastructure.
- Define our measures of performance and reliability, and enforce the team's adherence to their goals.
- Be the main point of contact for the Crypto Payments team to many internal customers, including Coinbase Consumer, Pro, Prime, Custody, Paradex, etc.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years of prior product leadership experience, working directly with product and engineering teams, on one or more successful products or services, preferably in a high growth environment.
- Deep understanding or well established interest in digital currency and blockchain systems at the protocol level, and a strong desire to learn more.
- Extensive experience with payments infrastructure, treasury and/or accounting services.
- Ability to investigate complex problems and to design simple solutions for them.
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects through influence.
- Extensive experience with effective agile processes.
- Ability to manipulate raw data and to apply a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Alignment with our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You've worked in high security, financial environments.