Back To All Jobs Backend Engineer - Asset Management
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
The Coinbase Asset Management team is focused on making it easier to invest in a basket of digital assets. We are building a cryptocurrency asset management business that bridges Finance 1.0 and Finance 2.0. We launched the Coinbase Index (CBI) , which is a market cap-weighted index that tracks "blue chip" cryptocurrencies, and the Coinbase Index Fund , which is a fund that tracks the CBI and is currently open to accredited investors and institutions. The CBI is currently featured on CNBC .
As a backend engineer on the Coinbase Asset Management team, you will build products that combine index investment and fund management to deliver a seamless investment experience to our clients. You'll also work with our security and infrastructure engineering teams to build trust and safety features to protect user accounts, without compromising on the user experience.
A little about the Coinbase team: we value positive energy, continuous learning, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
A little about you: you are forward-thinking and love innovation but understand how to balance that with risk management and operational excellence. Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain robust backend services that calculate cryptocurrency index prices in real time
- Develop and implement complex trading algorithms
- Work with other engineers to ensure that we meet code quality, security, and operational standards
- Add positive energy in every meeting, and make your coworkers feel included in every interaction
- Assist in interviewing and hiring new team members
Nice to Haves
- You exhibit our core values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution
- You have at least 3 years experience in software engineering
- You've designed, built, scaled and maintained production services
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of your customers
- You're passionate about building an open financial system for the world
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- You've worked with Postgres, MongoDB, Ruby, Rails, Node.js, Go, Java, or Kotlin.
- You've helped build a new company, business or product from the ground up
- You have experience with index funds, hedge funds, mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETF), financial markets, and algorithmic trading
- You've built systems with financial, security, and compliance constraints