Back To All Jobs Sr. Product Manager (FI)
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series D funding in August 2017, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Portland and London, we are looking to expand rapidly in 2018 and 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to help us establish a world class Finance and Reporting Product Management team in IT and drive practices like business architecture, capability roadmaps, and customer journeys, from day one.
We have an aggressive portfolio of brand new world class implementations like Oracle Financials, Workday HR and SFDC Sales and Service Cloud. The successful candidate will have significant previous experience in Financial and Reporting Applications and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments, and a long track record of buy vs build decisions.
The growing IT Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) team is based in San Francisco, CA, with a global presence in other Coinbase offices. The Sr. Product Manager, Finance is an individual contributor role and will report directly to the overall Sr. Manager, Product Management in EAA. Responsibilities:
- Liaison to Business Strategy, Vision and Demand Prioritization:
- Liaison with global Executive leadership in Finance and Business Unit Engineering Management to understand business strategy and shape the company's vision for internal capabilities by applying modern technology.
- Prioritize demand for new business functional and non-functional capabilities and prioritize based on business and IT strategy.
- Product Capabilities Assessments and Roadmaps
- Conduct Business Capability Assessments across people, process, technology and data.
- Own and Manage business facing Product Capabilities Roadmaps (Finance and Reporting).
- Liaison with process owners on business teams to observe, document and improve processes.
- Create Customer Journey maps to ensure customer experience remains a top priority for the company.
- Facilitate buy vs. build discussions and decisions and evaluate vendors.
- Act as a Product Owner on small teams as needed.
- Complete PLAN, BUILD, RUN responsibility
- Partner with Director, IT Engineering to realize Product Roadmaps and provide operational support for capabilities and applications in RUN mode.
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs for capabilities.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues and help prioritise against existing backlog based on severity and impact.
- Platform Ownership: Management of Technical Debt (Functional and Non-Functional) and Platform Life Cycles
- Work across a number of technologies and advise on fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Product Current state, Transitional State and End State Capabilities maps.
- Balance needs for functional and non-functional requirements (availability, scalability, supportability, security, interoperability, etc.).
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model.
- Work closely with the Product Engineering teams to understand, document and integrate the customer Blockchain implementation with back-office Enterprise Applications.
- Perform Quarterly Capability Assessments and Operational reviews.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- 10+ years experience with the above, including successful influencing skills at the executive level.
- Experience establishing a shared vision across the company by building consensus on capabilities and priorities across multiple stakeholder communities.
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight.
- Experience with Business Architecture as a discipline.
- Past experience with global capabilities and platforms - SAP/Oracle/Workday Financials, Hyperion, Benefits Systems, Payroll Systems.
- Clear communicator and orchestrator of business stakeholders.
- Significant vendor management skills.
- Working knowledge of Jira and product roadmap tools like Aha!
- Hands-on experience with Agile and breaking down epics into user stories.
- Expert knowledge of Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Process Mapping.