Back To All Jobs Sr Technical Program Manager, IT Operations
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is hiring! We are looking for a seasoned IT Technical Program Manager to drive maturity in our project and portfolio intake, management, and execution processes in IT Operations. This role will have considerable latitude across the organization to define process and coach and align staff and teams, as well as assisting in prioritization, scoping, and organization of work. The successful candidate will have strong previous experience and success in leadership and orchestrative technical roles in rapidly growing environments, and a long track record of efficient execution. Responsibilities:
- Working with IT Operations leadership, define processes for project intake, prioritization, execution, change management, and communications.
- Work across IT Operations and with partner teams (Security, People Operations, Product Infrastructure, and others) to stand up process and scrum teams, educate stakeholders on how to engage, and gradually mature and refine our project execution capabilities.
- As needed, engage more tactically based on demand, in order to insure quality of execution on high priority and high visibility initiatives requiring focus and attention. This may include a mixture of direct and indirect people or vendor management, technical work, analysis and project and/or program management.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- At least ten years related experience, including depth in agile and waterfall project execution spanning IT Operations and Infrastructure disciplines.
- Technical literacy; ability to walk the walk with technical staff, earn respect, and make informed decisions.
- Collaborative partnership style and demonstrated capacity for indirect influence.
- Pragmatic balance between need for scale and process vs delivery today.
- Sense of humor, comfort with ambiguity, demonstrated ability to create order from chaos.