Back To All Jobs Sr Technical Program Manager, IT Compliance
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is hiring! We are looking for a seasoned IT Technical Program Manager to drive ongoing compliance related efforts, building capability and maturity across people, process, and technology in IT. This role will have considerable latitude to align staff and teams, as well as assisting in prioritization, scoping, and organization of work. The successful candidate will have strong previous related experience and success in leadership and orchestrative technical roles in rapidly growing environments, as well as a long track record of efficient execution. Responsibilities:
- Work with Security and Compliance teams to understand the current and planned landscape of compliance efforts and how that demand maps to current IT capabilities.
- Work with stakeholders across the business to define controls, and get alignment and buy-in on an approach.
- Work with various teams to prioritize and break down the work to implement and operationalize controls.
- Act as coordination point for ongoing audit activities; define recurring audit calendar and work with IT leadership to ensure traction.
- As needed, engage more tactically based on demand, in order to insure quality of execution on high priority and high visibility initiatives requiring focus and attention. This may include a mixture of direct and indirect people or vendor management, technical work, analysis and project and/or program management.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
- At least ten years related experience, including substantial depth related to IT compliance across multiple frameworks, including SOC, PCI, SOX, ISO, and GDPR.
- Demonstrated project and program management experience, including both waterfall and agile methods.
- Technical literacy; ability to walk the walk with technical staff, earn respect, and make informed decisions that keep controls sane.
- Collaborative partnership style and demonstrated capacity for indirect influence.
- Pragmatic balance between need for scale and process vs delivery today.
- Sense of humor, comfort with ambiguity, demonstrated ability to create order from chaos.