Back To All Jobs Senior Data Center Engineer
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
We recently launched a Chicago office and are looking for strong engineers across multiple skill sets and at all levels of seniority to join our Coinbase Markets team in Chicago. You will be part of a greenfield effort to build out a scalable, low-latency exchange in the Cryptocurrency space, working along other highly talented and collaborative engineers. Responsibilities:
- Own the Market's exchange co-located data center environment, including racking, stacking, cabling, power, cooling, and system monitoring.
- Device installation, cabling, power assignment, cabinet layout, cable plant design
- Manage remote/smart hands
- Anticipate needs for growth via short and long term capacity planning
- 5+ years of technical experience in a large-scale data center environment
- Strong hands-on understanding of data center practices: racking, stacking, cabling, power, cooling, out-of-band-management, and system monitoring.
- Strong knowledge of network tapping technology and experience cabling passive taps
- Flexible schedule, 24x7x365 on-call coverage
- Can work independently
- Network experience a plus
- Linux experience a plus
All members of this team will embody the core Coinbase values of Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Continuous Learning, and Efficient Execution, and will place a strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.