Back To All Jobs Sr. Engineering Manager (SMS)
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series D funding in August 2017, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Portland and London, we are looking to expand rapidly in 2018 and 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to establish a Sales, Marketing and Support Engineering delivery team in IT and drive practices like product quality, CI/CD and agile adoption, from day one.
We have an aggressive portfolio of brand new world class implementations like SFDC Sales and Service Cloud. The successful candidate will have significant previous experience in IT Engineering for Sales, Marketing and Support roles in rapidly growing environments, and a long track record of buy vs build decisions.
The growing IT Enterprise Applications and Architecture (EAA) team is based in San Francisco, CA. The Sr. Engineering Manager (SMS) will report to the overall Director of Engineering for EAA. Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Product Owners, BSAs, Engineers to deliver fit-for-purpose solutions to business requirements in the space of Sales, Marketing and Support.
- Complete PLAN, BUILD, RUN responsibility.
- Responsible for production metrics and meeting production SLAs.
- Troubleshoot and fix production issues and help prioritise against existing backlog based on severity and impact.
- Responsible for all engineering practices for their area- Signal Lights Executive Cockpit, Product Quality, CI/CD.
- Perform Quarterly Operational reviews.
- Complete Platform Ownership: Management of Technical Debt and Platform Life Cycles for Salesforce and other platforms.
- Drive buy vs. build decisions.
- Perform hands-on configuration and code reviews.
- Work across a number of technologies and advise on fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Balance needs for functional and non-functional requirements (availability scalability, supportability, security, interoperability, etc.).
- Work closely with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model.
- Work closely with the Business Unit Engineering teams to understand, document and integrate the customer Blockchain implementation with back-office Enterprise Applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 5+ years experience with the above, including successful influencing skills at the Director level.
- Past experience with global platforms - SFDC, Marketo, and their integrations via Mulesoft/Workato.
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products.
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources.
- Significant vendor management skills.
- Working knowledge of Jira, Jenkins, GitHub and overall Devops experience.
- Hands-on experience with Agile and breaking down epics into user stories.
- Hands-on code reviews and technical reviews in the last 5 years.
- Hands-on administration, configuration and development in the last 2 years.
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight.
- Expert knowledge of Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Wiki's.