Back To All Jobs Enterprise Architect
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series D funding in August 2017, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Portland and London, we are looking to expand rapidly in 2018 and 2019. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to establish a strategic Enterprise Architecture discipline in IT, and a Business Architecture discipline across the entire company.
- The IT Architecture discipline will focus on Enterprise Application and be associated with an aggressive portfolio of world class capabilities in Oracle Financials, Workday HR and SFDC Sales and Service Cloud and their integrations to custom Blockchain infrastructure. The successful candidate will have significant previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments, and a long track record of buy vs build decisions, balancing business and IT strategy.
- The Business Architecture discipline will unite architects in all Business Units and create new conversations and artifacts that will enable the company to grow and scale.
The growing IT Enterprise Applications and Architecture team will be based in San Francisco, CA, with a global presence in other Coinbase offices. The Enterprise Architect will report directly to the Sr. Director of Enterprise Applications and Architecture and sit on the staff of the VP of Customer Support and IT. Responsibilities:
- Drive a vision for a modern IT technology landscape based on the evolving business capabilities in the areas of Sales, Marketing, Support, Finance, Legal, HR and integrations to custom Blockchain applications.
- Partner with the Business Unit Engineering teams to understand, document and integrate the customer Blockchain implementation with back-office Enterprise Applications.
- Drive company-wide business architecture discipline and capabilities roadmaps aligning strategic objectives with operational necessities.
- Partner with the Security teams to identify and implement unique security requirements relevant for the Coinbase business model.
- Manage the artifacts and blueprints related to business and technical architecture at the highest level and component level, giving hands-on direction to technical teams.
- Drive buy vs build discussions from a technical landscape perspective as well as business capabilities strategy and direction.
- Advise business units and teams on architecture processes, patterns and strategies.
- Work across a wide-range of technologies and advise on fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Drive vendor selection based on capability evolution.
- Balance needs for functional and non-functional requirements (availability scalability, supportability, security, interoperability, etc.).
- Represent Coinbase in external architecture discussions, conferences and industry studies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 10+ years experience with the above, including successful influencing skills at the executive level.
- Past experience with architecture oversight for multiple parallel global implementations of SFDC Sales and Service Cloud, SAP or Oracle Financials, Workday, Mulesoft, Data platforms.
- Experience with integration of large systems and custom products.
- Knowledge of Blockchain technology and infrastructure options.
- Clear communication and orchestration of technical resources.
- Significant vendor management skills, including contract negotiations.
- Working knowledge of Jira and GitHub.
- Hands-on experience with Agile and breaking down epics into user stories.
- Demonstrated ability to create order out of chaos, with minimal oversight.
- Expert knowledge of Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Wiki's.