Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
We are looking for software engineers that enjoy solving complex problems associate with our Poloniex Exchange. We want to work with engineers that have a passion for their craft and care deeply about the experience of the users and operators of the systems they build.
What you'll do:
- Solve hard, open ended, problems in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space
- Build RESTful microservices on AWS cloud platforms using modern software delivery techniques including ECS and Docker
- Design and code new features for the Poloniex Cryptoasset Exchange focused on our Trade Engine
- Troubleshoot and fix code defects
- Be a member of a small agile software engineering team
- Learn a lot, be challenged, and have fun
We expect you to be able to:
- Be flexible and work on many facets of the system from database design, to asynchronous event based middleware, to front end modern html applications
- Design relational databases and have at least intermediate capability with SQL
- Build simple and elegant software solutions
- Work well as a team member on a close-knit team
- Have your own ideas and be open to others
- Be creative, curious, and learn fast
- 3+ years of software development experience working with Java specifically
- Past experience working within Fintech, trading or a similar vertical
- Knowledge or interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners, and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .