Gem is a cryptocurrency and blockchain startup based in Venice Beach. Our mission is to empower individuals to take full control of their wealth, to benefit from the value of their own data, and to experience the collective power of the decentralized movement spreading globally today.
Check out the trailer for our new app coming out, as well as hear from our CEO on his vision for the product.
Gem has a team of engineers who are focused on building the UI for the decentralized ecosystem that will change the way users interact with applications and each other - to allow them to take back control of their own data. As the team grows and continues to reach new heights, it has become essential to welcome a Director of Engineering who will lead and build the engineering team, ensure the product vision is realized through excellence in execution, and collaborate with the leaders at Gem to develop company strategy.
What you'll do
- Lead and manage an effective engineering process to support productive development and quality of life for the development team
- Negotiate tactical and strategic architectural and implementation decisions with the development team
- Work closely with the company leaders including the technical founder, product, and marketing to strategically build the company
- Build and maintain a development dream-team, including recruiting, hiring, mentoring and performance management
- Manage the full range of internal and external engineering communications
- Work creatively to further improve development processes
- Provide insight and counsel to the CEO relative to all areas of engineering and product development
What you'll need
- Proven ability in architecture and building scalable systems
- Experience in agile development methodologies and tools
- 10+ years related engineering experience, 3+ years in a leadership role
- The product sensibility to turn product vision into engineering plans
- Experience bringing a consumer-facing mobile application to market
What would be handy
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining security-critical applications
- Experience with distributed systems/distributed computing
- Familiarity with/enthusiasm for cryptocurrency and decentralized applications