Back To All Jobs Global Consolidation Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is looking for a Global Consolidation Accounting Manager to lead the team in charge of our international account consolidations and closings. This role, which will be located in our San Francisco headquarters, will be responsible for the management of the team and day-to-day GL accounting and financial analysis for all of Coinbase's international subsidiaries and account consolidations and partner with key stakeholders in our Finance, Accounting, and Legal teams, working under the Chief Accounting Officer (and soon to be the Corporate Controller). Responsibilities:
- Manage accounting for international subsidiaries and account consolidation with the parent company.
- Responsible, together with the General Accounting department, to ensure that we meet our month-end/quarter-end close and deadlines.
- Perform financial statement analysis and flux commentaries
- Work with the Controller to prepare weekly and monthly cash flow and managerial reporting.
- Assist in maintaining the Corporate consolidation system, including setting up of new GL accounts and configuring, building and testing reports.
- Work with company accounting/finance staff to resolve and troubleshoot issues arising during the consolidation process.
- Supervise staff accountants performing consolidation, foreign currency and intercompany recordkeeping.
- Assist Company's tax team in global transfer pricing documentation and analyses.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting package, working with FP&A, presented to senior leadership.
- Participate in acquisitions and dispositions, including due diligence, purchase accounting and acquisition integration.
- Assist with the implementation of ERP system
- Assist the Financial Controller and other accounting and finance departments in implementing strong processes, systems, and procedures over foreign currency, intercompany and consolidation accounting.
- Lead special projects as assigned, and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- BA/BS in Accounting / CPA preferred
- 7+ years of accounting experience with medium to large companies in the financial services industry
- Experience with accounting close processes and accounting systems, with proven track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to execute tactical project-level activities.
- Experience working across currencies, multiple international entity consolidation and preparation of statements of cash flows
- Strong systems skills including MS Office (Excel, Word) and ERP systems (NetSuite a must and Oracle Fusion preferred).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.