AlphaPoint is a financial technology company helping make illiquid assets liquid. It enables customers to launch new products and services by providing institutions enterprise-grade blockchain solutions to digitize assets, launch markets, and reduce operational costs. AlphaPoint has customers across 5 continents with offices in New York, Charlotte, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. Position Profile:
AlphaPoint is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Database Developer to Build out both internal and customer reporting and analytics for AlphaPoint's SaaS 24x7 crypto-currency trading venue platform and related blockchain products. This individual will be managing the vision and advancing a robust underlying architecture, while meeting daily operational needs. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Manage and continue to build on a small, highly-skilled team of data engineers and BI developers, using suitable Agile methods.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure cohesive, well-integrated, automated and supportable solutions.
- Facilitate prioritization by understanding business drivers and participating in customer calls, operations and support and technology planning sessions.
- Define work packages, assignments, roadmaps and scheduling in accordance with priorities.
- Create documentation, management reporting and other artifacts to ensure stakeholders are informed and aligned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Develop reporting capabilities for customers (trading venue operators), leading to a standardized package that enables them to run their businesses (e.g. accounting transactions, trades, account balances and P&L) using Azure, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analytics for Operations, Account Management and Finance (e.g. billing, revenue sharing, fee allocation), using AP Azure SQL DB BI reporting database and Tableau.
- Develop and integrate embedded analytics solutions into the core trading venue platform using dedicated data marts and PowerBI.
- Design and implement dedicated customer BI solutions as an additional product offering.
- Ultimately expose and capture all trading platform data sets, to satisfy expected future full trading venue audit trail requirements.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree.
- At least 8 years of experience with SQL, T-SQL, stored procedures, scripting (e.g. Powershell, Python).
- Display hands-on expertise in implementing solutions for high volume, high throughput data (i.e. Order state changes, executions and trades).
- Hands-on data analyst; comfortable sifting through data to identify patterns, relationships, domains, etc.
- Extensive Data Warehousing experience, including ETL/ELT, data profiling, data quality and BI reporting.
- Experience providing Production support for both internal partners and external customers.
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL/Azure SQL DB, some MySQL helpful.
- Knowledge of data-related source code management practices and systems; Github helpful.
- Knowledge and understanding of patterns and practices for SaaS tenancy, security and access controls.
- Knowledge of bulk data storage and retrieval patterns (e.g. Schema on Read); Data Lake/Data Catalog helpful.
- Master Data Management, particularly Securities Master design and implementation very desirable.
- Industry background in Capital Markets, Securities and Trading highly desirable.
AlphaPoint is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or genetic information, gender identity or national origin
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage with peers, management and customers.
- Must be able to balance tactical and strategic imperatives and to promptly engage the former, while recognizing and continually remediating any technical debt.
- Must bias solutions to supportability and automation.