Back To All Jobs Fraud Team Operations Manager
Fraud risk is a challenging problem in the digital currency space. Every day, our fraud teams work to mitigate the damage caused by scams and abuse, while protecting our good customers with accurate decisions and quick responses. The adversaries targeting Coinbase use novel and sophisticated methods, so maintaining a diverse, organized, and capable team is required to outsmart them. Successfully responding to fraud threats requires constant awareness, and thinking several steps ahead.
As a manager, you'll help build and lead a high functioning team of analysts. Developing the team's skills, capabilities, and fostering growth and innovation will help keep us on the right track as we build an open financial system for the world. Responsibilities:
- Maintain your team's fraud metrics at optimal levels
- Manage a team of high performance fraud analysts and recruit talent when necessary
- Focus on individual and team mentorship, career development, and employee engagement
- Serve as an escalation point for critical issues and incidents
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to make data-driven business decisions
- Continuously add value through effective project management, ruthless prioritization, clear communication, and efficient execution
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in financial services, and/or risk mitigation
- 2-4 years of direct management experience
- Experience scaling teams and resolving talent gaps
- Ability to communicate cross functionally within the Coinbase org, and own issues to resolution
We look forward to seeing your skills here at Coinbase! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.