Back To All Jobs Global Consolidation & Intercompany Senior Accountant
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity by helping create an open financial system for the world. We are focused on making digital currency accessible to everyone. We are guided by these principles: be the most trusted company in our industry and create products that are easy to use.
We are looking to hire a Global Consolidation & Intercompany Senior Accountant. This role requires an individual with an analytical mindset, strong knowledge of multiple entity structuring, consolidation and foreign currencies. Responsibilities:
- Perform the reconciliations of global inter-company balances, including but not limited to preparing reconciliations in line with Company policy, report out on balances and discrepancies and timely addressing reconciling items.
- Ensure proper accounting of foreign currency related items (CTA, FX gains/losses), including monthly analysis and recording of FX gain/losses on our outstanding Interco balances that are being re-measured on a monthly basis in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Own the functional currency analysis of new entities and assess accounts included in remeasurement.
- Assist with the month-end close consolidation tasks including journal entry processing and other consolidation tasks.
- Perform analysis of financial data from subsidiary systems, including review of balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- Support chart of account maintenance.
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures for all tasks.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Minimum of 5 years working in public accounting or on large-scale consolidations in the financial services industry.
- BA/BS in Accounting/ CPA preferred.
- Expert knowledge/understanding of foreign currency transactions and translation in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience with Netsuite a must and Oracle Fusion a plus.
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel), knowledge of accounting practices related to intercompany, business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Individual should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.