Back To All Jobs Corporate Counsel
San Francisco, CA
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase in its rapid growth and international expansion. We are looking for an exceptional Corporate Counsel to support the company across a broad set of corporate matters affecting the world's most trusted digital currency business.
The Corporate Counsel role is based in our San Francisco, California office. You will work on some of the most exciting and challenging legal issues that impact fast-growth, late-stage private technology companies. We will require a highly qualified, team-oriented transactional attorney with experience in VC backed companies, M&A and public company securities filings . Strong preference for individuals with significant VC and M&A experience.
Collaborating closely with business executives, corporate development, legal, tax, HR and finance department colleagues, your responsibilities will include (i) corporate governance, (ii) options and other equity administration, (iii) M&A transactions and (iv) other significant commercial transactions. You will also be responsible for providing prompt, incisive, and practical advice to the business as we rapidly expand the business through international expansion, employment, and corporate acquisitions.
You'll be joining a small corporate team in a dynamic and intense environment with broad responsibility. As a whip-smart, forward-leaning, and detail-oriented attorney, you will partner with the business to ensure that we continue to operate the easiest and most trusted platform to buy, sell, and manage digital currency. Responsibilities:
- Assist with general corporate governance, including drafting and assisting with the preparation of board, stockholder and committee materials and work on international and domestic subsidiary governance.
- Work with our stock admin and HR teams to maintain our capitalization records and our equity incentives programs.
- Support corporate development activities, including equity financings, acquisitions, acquihires and strategic partnerships, in all stages, from performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating definitive documentation, closing transactions to post-closing integration.
- Ability to be the primary in-house attorney on certain corporate projects, including handling multiple simultaneous transactions.
- Collaborate with many teams across the company to help achieve company-wide goals.
- Provide creative, innovative, and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on consistently short timelines.
What to Send:
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm, with significant experience working with large companies. Prior in-house experience at a technology company is a plus.
- Excellent negotiation, drafting and project management skills.
- Proven ability to juggle many projects at once.
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, and business pragmatism.
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams.
- Must be active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A few paragraphs describing your interest in and fitness for the role.