As the Director of Product Management, you’ll report to the executive team, ensuring that IOHK is building, shipping and supporting the right products. This will include gathering and prioritizing product requirements, defining the product vision and collaborating with other directors from various departments, including engineering, marketing, sales and operations to ensure customer and company goals are met.
Wherever you decide to work, you will be supported by and be part of IOHKs remote work culture that emphasizes online communication via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
Skills & Requirements:
We expect to see:
- Skills and Knowledge – You’ll have in-depth knowledge of the Blockchain / Cryptocurrency sector along with experience of leading a team of Product Managers.
- Specific systems and infrastructure management domain experience in large and/or small start-up companies
- Drive Initiatives - You’ll need to have the ability to successfully drive initiatives in a start-up environment (with minimal guidance, limited resources).
- Maintain an excellent understanding of Blockchain/Cryptocurrency customer needs, market requirements, and technology trends to enable us to develop market leading offerings.
- Develop a close working relationship with engineering and UX to lead the “art of the possible” – the ideas and approaches that differentiate Puppet in solving our customer’s problems.
- Reporting & Communication: Solid and clear skills needed, especially with C- Level reporting, both written and oral/presentation
- Character/Culture fit: You’ll be focused and highly driven to learn more about our space, with experience and ideas about how to improve our development cycles. You’ll display the ability to be able to take the lead (or be part of a team), exhibit wanting to take responsibility for your actions and show a clear understanding of how to deal with conflict. This will suit somebody that is well-motivated and well-organised so you can flourish in a remote team with autonomy.
- Completion of a relevant degree in Computer Science or related technical degree preferred, MBA desirable.
What we value:
- Passion for working alongside teams that want to explore new frameworks and systems that are more fair, open and transparent.
- Collaboration and Inclusion: Innovation happens when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust. You will help bring people into the conversation.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. For example, all our code is open source and we share information openly with communities and colleagues.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision. We offer a dynamic working environment that suits people who are self-motivated and can work autonomously. You will naturally have strong communication and organisational skills and can work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
In addition to working on ground breaking projects, you’ll also get in return:
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Flexible hours
- 20 days paid service interruption
- Paid public holidays
- 5 days paid sick leave
In 2015 IOHK founders, Charles Hoskinson and Jeremy Wood, set out to cause cascading disruption, committed to using peer-to-peer innovations to provide financial services to the three billion people who don’t have them. They knew back then that they had to first create a place that was designed to enable such unprecedented ambition. A place where incredibly talented individuals are actually empowered to put their best work into the hands of millions of people to build on and explore new ways of working together. As IOHK continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks.
Some projects that we've recently completed or are working on:
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume. We also strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at IOHK.