Gem is a cryptocurrency and blockchain startup based in Venice Beach. Our mission is to empower individuals to take full control of their wealth, to benefit from the value of their own data, and to experience the collective power of the decentralized movement spreading globally today.
Check out the trailer for our new app coming out this summer, as well as hear from our CEO on his vision for the product.
Gem's Project Manager (Scrum Master) will be a persistent, self-directed, highly organized, exceptional communicator who brings sanity to the software development lifecycle. Their biggest joy is building processes, removing roadblocks, and then seeing their team energized and motivated. They're joining a small company (sub 20 people) so they will own the project management function, and will lead the agile process.
What you'll do
- Coach and guide team members on agile best practices, and help track and report on agile team metrics (e.g. team velocity, burndowns, cycle times, etc.)
- Perform Scrum Master duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and release planning
- Have a "Make it Happen" attitude by providing support to the team and leading by example
- Be the one we look to who owns the project status and knows where the team is at every step of the way
- Thoroughly document and follow up on team decisions, issues and action items as soon as needs are identified. You are proactive about communicating at every turn.
- Craft optimal schedules and manage discrepancies to project scope, timeline, and budget
- Take a chameleon approach to communication: you'll adapt to different communication styles and perspectives to make sure information is always clear
- Own our ticket and bug tracking software (Jira) and make it work for us, instead of us working around it.
What you'll need
- 4+ years of hands-on Scrum Master experience
- Strong project management fundamentals with agile experience
- A direct communication style, you don't beat around the bush and you hold people accountable
- A deeply-rooted team player mentality - you are committed to always explaining the "why" behind decisions and derive great purpose from setting others up for success
- High emotional intelligence and empathy - you are an amazing communicator because you take the time to understand others' situations
- Strong opinions about process and best practices
- An understanding of what it takes to build software and applications and know how to work with developers through dependencies and technical challenges.
Exceptional follow-through on tasks and you don't get overwhelmed easily
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in an environment where things move quickly, priorities compete, you won't always have all the answers--and you roll with it!