Back To All Jobs Senior DevOps Engineer - Data
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
We recently launched a Chicago office and are looking for strong engineers across multiple skill sets and at all levels of seniority to join our Coinbase Markets team in Chicago. You will be part of a greenfield effort to build out a scalable, low-latency exchange in the Cryptocurrency space, working along other highly talented and collaborative engineers. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the team to create market structure analysis capabilities.
- Build, deploy, maintain and scale platforms for scalable ETL and computation that enable the team to act with autonomy.
- Act as local expert on DevOps techniques and overlap with the Coinbase Markets team.
- Interface with other Coinbase teams including security and infrastructure.
- Background building and operating medium or big data systems.
- DevOps skills: Linux, config management, scripting, CI/CD, and monitoring.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience with Python package management & analysing using pandas, dask, or other frameworks.
- Nice to haves: experience administering AWS, working with configuring and administering Kafka, use of administering databases.
- Prior experience in finance and trading also a plus.
All members of this team will embody the core Coinbase values of Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Continuous Learning, and Efficient Execution, and will place a strong emphasis on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.