Back To All Jobs Technical Program Manager - Financial Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easy and delightful to use.
Coinbase's financial infrastructure encompasses our core trading exchange platform, our integrations to banks, payment processors and blockchains, and the data pipeline to our accounting system. We're looking for a Technical Program Manager to drive cross-functional initiatives to improve and extend our financial infrastructure. You will leverage strong leadership, planning, communication, and collaboration skills. Our TPMs are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals and inspiring teams to deliver.
In this role, you would steer our efforts to develop our financial infrastructure into a reliable platform that can support streamlined financial report generation, accomplishing key compliance goals (SOC1, SOX compliance) and meeting milestones for technology IPO readiness. You will collaborate within engineering, finance, compliance and regulatory on programs that strengthen our infrastructure. Responsibilities:
- Be accountable for pulling together the holistic plan, regular communications, unblocking teams and building partnerships to improve financial infrastructure at Coinbase.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship
- Identify and resolve systemic issues & assessment gaps impacting Coinbase engineering and aggressively take action to resolve and close gaps
- Develop standards, processes, and documentation to improve best practices & compliance -- including reviews, awareness, education and process controls
- Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms for assessing and measuring security, privacy and financial compliance risk across the organization
- Partner with engineering teams to develop features in a way that upholds our standards in security, privacy, infrastructure and financial reporting
- Manage interactions w/ 3rd parties & consultants
Nice to Haves:
- 8+ years as a TPM, engineering or product leader, or a relevant consulting role
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Technical knowledge in at least one compliance domain such as engineering, system and network compliance and experience performing technical assessments
- Able to communicate at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- You're knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies.
- You've worked in high security, financial environments.