Back To All Jobs Senior Manager, Customer Support Operations
As a Senior Manager for Customer Support Operations, you'll be responsible for building, scaling and managing a diverse and highly performing Coinbase support team. This is a rare opportunity to facilitate the establishment of a new office, build a team from scratch and help us achieve our mission of building an open financial system for the world. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading support operations in Dublin for a product suite or functional scope of work (Consumer, Institutional, Compliance, Payments, etc.).
- Hire and manage a high performing, multi-lingual support team, anchored by best practices within the financial services industry in Europe.
- Thoughtfully delegate tactical responsibilities and set performance expectations across the organization.
- Work with senior management across internal support teams, business unit stakeholders and vendor partners to set and achieve service level agreements.
- Determine strategy for optimizing existing workflows, operationalizing product and policy launches, and building effective feedback loops.
- Prioritize new and existing projects and initiatives, taking into account inputs from the global support leadership team.
- Ensure alignment across regional Centers of Excellence and vendor sites through consistent communication and shared business objectives.
- Own budgeting, forecasting and headcount allocation and associated target goals.
- Manage partnerships and serve as an escalation point with various departments within Coinbase, including (but not limited to) sales, client services, compliance and legal.
- Attend monthly and quarterly vendor business reviews to stay abreast and accountable of performance across all tiers of support.
- Serve as an escalation point for critical issues and incidents.
- Utilize an in-depth understanding of metrics to drive data-driven business decisions.
- Focus on growth opportunities throughout the organization, including development of managers and leads and learning opportunities across multiple disciplines.
- Continuously add value through effective project management, ruthless prioritization and efficient execution.
- Motivated by Coinbase's mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global customer base.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support.
- Minimum of 6 years of direct management experience.
- Familiarity with banking regulations, payment processes, compliance, consumer or institutional operations.
- Experience building support strategies and scaling teams across multiple workflows and various channels of support, including voice, email, social and chat.
- Experience with partner management and maintaining cross functional partnerships both vertically and horizontally.
- Ability to communicate cross functionally and globally.
- Flexible and adaptable to meeting the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization.
- Travel requirements up to 20% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations (depending on business need).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Experience in project management, analytics and/or vendor management.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or CX.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Proficiency in another language (non-English).
Privacy Notice and Consent for New Applicants
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulates the way that we manage the data of job applicants. During this early phase of the application process, CB Payments Ltd (CB Payments) will be gathering and processing personal information (your data) in order to assess your suitability for the role in which you have applied. If you are unsuccessful during any point of this process then we are legally required to keep your data on file, for a period of time. We will keep your data in order to comply with employment law obligations only and for no longer than obligated to do so.
Under GDPR, we need your consent to process your application. With this form, we are providing you with notice on how your data will be processed as part of the application procedure. By signing this form, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Data controller details
CB Payments is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data. Our contact details are as follows:
CB Payments Ltd (Coinbase)
CB Payments Ltd
9th Floor 107
Cheapside, London, United Kingdom
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection principles
In relation to your personal data, we will:
● process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way;
● collect your data only for reasons that we have stated in this document;
● only use it in the way that we have told you about;
● ensure it is correct and up to date;
● keep your data for only as long as we need it; and
● process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to (as appropriate), lost or destroyed.
Types of data we process
We hold many types of data about you, including:
● your personal details including your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers;
● biological sex;
● interview transcript/notes; and
● information contained within your CV including references, education history and employment history.
How we collect your data
From the start of this process we will begin to gather information about you. This includes the information you would normally include in a CV or a recruitment cover letter, or notes made by our Talent recruiting team during a recruitment interview.
In some cases, we will collect data about you from third party employment agencies, this information will only be passed to us from the employment agency upon your consent.
Personal data is kept in personnel files or within CB Payments HR third party business systems and IT systems. The access to these systems is limited to those job roles where it is essential to access your records.
Why we process your data
The law on data protection allows us to process your data for certain reasons only, the reasons relevant to you during this process are:
● in order to carry out legally required duties;
● in order for us to carry out our legitimate business interests; and
● to protect your interests.
All processing carried out by us falls into one of the permitted reasons. Generally, we will rely on the first two reasons set out above to process your data. We need to collect your personal data to assess your suitability for the advertised role.
We also need to collect your data to ensure we are complying with legal requirements such as:
● making reasonable adjustments for disabled employees; and
● tracking our fair employment process.
Special categories of data
Special categories of data include:
● sexual orientation;
● ethnic origin; and
We must process special categories of data in accordance with more stringent guidelines. Most commonly, we will process special categories of data when the following applies:
● you have given explicit consent to the processing;
● we must process the data in order to carry out our legal obligations; and
● you have already made the data public.
We will use your special category data:
● for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring (as is our legal obligation); and
● to determine reasonable adjustments (as is our legal obligation).
We do not need your consent if we use special categories of personal data in order to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights under employment law. However, we will ask for your consent to gather the information in the first place. You will have full control over your decision to give or withhold consent and there will be no consequences where consent is withheld, in the context of special data. Consent, once given, may be withdrawn at any time. There will be no consequences where consent is withdrawn.
Protecting your data
We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented GDPR compliant processes to guard against such.
Where we share your data with third parties, we provide written instructions to them to ensure that your data is held securely and in line with GDPR requirements. Third parties must implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
How long we keep your data for
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it. If unsuccessful during the application process we will keep your personal details, interview notes and your CV details, is kept for 12 months or as long as is necessary to comply with applicable immigration law (whichever is shorter).
Successful applicants will be provided with an employee privacy notice as part of the on-boarding process.
CB Payments is committed to complying with the GDPR. You are entirely in control of your decision to give consent to our use of your data as requested in this form. You do not need to give consent. However, in order for CB Payments to assess your credentials you will need to supply consent in order for us to process your application.
You have the absolute unrestricted right to withdraw your consent at any time. We will stop processing the data for which you have withdrawn your consent. Please note however, we must keep some personal data in order to comply with employment regulation.
Change in Purpose
If the purpose of using the data for changes, we will seek new consent, setting out the new purpose. You can decline to give your consent, with no repercussions. Consent can again be withdrawn at any time once given.
Making a complaint
The supervisory authority in Ireland for data protection matters is the Data Protection Commission (DPC). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the DPC here: https://www.dataprotection.ie/ if you are located in Ireland, or to your local data protection authority.
Data Protection Officer
CB Payment's Data Protection Officer is Lydia Lavender. Contact details are: