Back To All Jobs Sr Manager, IT Global Office Expansion
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase is one of the Bay Area's fastest growing, most exciting startups. Having completed Series D funding in August 2017, we are in a unique position to develop new product lines, while continuing to scale our operations globally. Having opened offices in New York, Chicago, Portland and London, we are looking to double our headcount in 2018. If you have a positive, proactive, startup mentality, and are interested in joining a highly disruptive business on the forefront of the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry, I'd encourage you to apply today.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to oversee planning and execution of the IT scope associated with an aggressive portfolio of facilities expansion projects. The successful candidate will have significant previous experience and success in similar roles in rapidly growing environments, and a long track record of efficient execution. You will manage and grow a team of engineers, technical project managers, and vendors with increasing (and eventually exclusive) focus on this portfolio. Responsibilities:
- Work with facilities team, key vendors, and IT resources to define and document relevant technical standards, align on standard process, roles and responsibilities, and communications cadences, and continuously evolve and improve over time.
- Drive design, planning, sourcing, and execution on an ongoing program of parallel facilities build and expansion projects, globally.
- Define staffing and vendor model to set the team up for success and source vendors accordingly.
- Travel as needed (significant initially, may diminish over time depending on staffing model).
What to send: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 10+ years experience with the above, including successful direct and indirect people management.
- Clear communicator and orchestrator of technical and people resources.
- Construction background or demonstrated ability to interact with complex construction teams with no learning curve.
- Significant project and portfolio management skills.
- Significant vendor management skills.
- Technical depth adequate to insure execution and hold people accountable in networking, construction, A/V subdisciplines.
- Demonstrated success leading and scaling teams fast in rapidly growing environments
- Demonstrated ability to create order from chaos with minimal oversight.