Back To All Jobs Social Media Manager
San Francisco, CA
Coinbase's vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more intuitive to use.
Coinbase's Social Media Manager will be responsible for establishing a cohesive, comprehensive, and category-defining social presence for Coinbase, educating audiences about the power and potential of crypto to create a more open financial system for the world. As the first dedicated social media owner at Coinbase, the Social Media Manager will define and execute on a social strategy to advance the passion and enthusiasm for the Coinbase mission, build the Coinbase brand, and mainstream crypto. The perfect candidate will have the right combination of vision, ambition, judgement, multi-channel expertise, creative ideas, and strategic thinking to help this rocket ship soar. Responsibilities:
- Set and execute on the Coinbase social strategy . Identify and build out a multi-channel social strategy that incorporates thoughtful, judicious, and well-reasoned plans for each channel, taking inventory of the existing channels and handles, and considering proactive and reactive approaches. Fully bake in recommendations and requirements from legal to ensure the compliance of everything we publish. Work highly collaboratively with the growth team, the consumer team, the recruiting team, and your internal and external comms colleagues to support the company's goals through social media efforts.
- Project management . Work with all internal business leads, marketing, and advocacy to define and establish channel governance-what we publish, when, why, and how. Create and own a social calendar, working transparently and collaboratively. Define and own an appropriate feedback-loop to ensure internal teams have immediate access to urgent inputs coming from social.
- Creative production . Write, produce, and publish to all relevant channels on a rapid-fire cadence. Coordinate the Coinbase voice across all social media efforts. Be the world's most meticulous words geek to ensure all social communication is purposeful and accurate. Collaborate closely with internal design and video teams to create dynamic assets for posts.
- Own social measurement. Determine ideal social KPIs, monitor performance, optimize content and its distribution in real time. Examine, gather, and report on data and insights from multiple sources and uplevel findings and recommendations for how we intend to leverage insights to improve.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Good judgement. Coinbase is operating in a highly-regulated and rapidly-evolving global space. Everything we publish has the potential to meaningfully affect people's lives (and wealth). You recognize and respect that responsibility.
- Domain expertise . You are steeped in all things Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn and have knowledge of other networks (Snapchat, WeChat). What you don't know, you are excited to figure out.
- Working knowledge of crypto and financial basics . We don't expect you to be a fanatic but you should understand the basics-and be excited to get your Master's degree at Coinbase.
- Initiative and collaboration . We're at a hyper-growth stage, and the ability to start from scratch, drive yourself, know when to ask for input, and communicate clearly along the way are critical to everyone's success.
- Curiosity and an open mind. We're a culture of learners and we welcome a humble approach.
- Allergy to jargon and relentless drive for accuracy . We care about what we say and how we say it. Every word matters.