Elliptic is the global leader in detecting, preventing, and pursuing criminal activity in cryptocurrencies. We provide anti-money laundering (AML) compliance software, forensics software and investigative services to the leading participants in the cryptocurrency ecosystem. Customers rely on us to analyze more than $150bn of their transactions every month, and include cryptocurrency businesses, major financial institutions, and federal government agencies. Our unique platform uses a combination of graph analytics and machine learning to aggregate and interpret vast quantities of data relating to cryptocurrency transactions, giving us an unparalleled understanding of capital flows within the cryptocurrency network.
The company is headquartered in London, UK, and has offices in Arlington, VA. We are backed by Octopus Ventures, SignalFire, Paladin Capital, Santander InnoVentures, and Digital Currency Group.
We are looking for a financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management at our growing start-up. Our current Ops and Finance Lead will be on maternity leave so there will be some additional cover required during the first nine months of the role to support general operations activities. The role includes corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation.
Our parent company is based in the UK, with a US subsidiary so some experience in US accountancy and intercompany transactions is important. The majority of our revenue is subscription-based software-as-a-service. Our business is fast growing and changing rapidly so you will be critical to supporting this growth, including supporting any upcoming funding rounds.Responsibilities
- Preparing budgets and forecasts, and reporting against them
- Supporting fundraising rounds, both through financial modelling and the due diligence process
- Preparing financial input for regular Board meetings and shareholder reports
- Developing financial SaaS metrics agreed with the Board and leadership team
- Managing monthly and annual accounting and reporting processes, which are provided by external US and UK accountants
- Liaise with external accountants to review tax returns and tax planning strategy, including US and UK subsidiaries
- Managing Treasury function including planning intercompany / currency transactions
- Managing client invoicing, credit control and revenue capture process for UK and US subsidiaries
- Approving expense reimbursements & Opex up to authorised level
- Liaise with external provider to ensure statutory records, Companies House filings and capital table are updated
- Updating company valuation model & managing EMI grant options processes
- Oversee US and UK payroll including commission payments expenses and PAYE filings
- Managing employee benefits including Pension scheme and health insurance management (interim)
- Managing business insurance policies (interim)
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- ACCA or CIMA qualified with working experience as a Financial Controller
- 5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience, including international intercompany transactions
- Has been involved in a VC funding rounding from financial modelling to the due diligence process
- Happy to flexible, from hands on work on our accounts, to board level delivery
- Open, honest and passionate about taking our company to the next level
- Share options
- Private health insurance
- Work pension scheme
- Shiny laptop
- Budget for training materials, events, and conferences
- Quarterly full day offsites
- Annual company 3 day offsite
- Coffee and beer!