Circle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value.
We've already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we're expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we're market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces.
To ensure Circle continues to meet and maintain compliance with all applicable regulatory, policy and business obligations within Financial Crime and Payment Service regulation in EMEA, the role will drive the development, maintenance and implementation of appropriate and effective compliance controls, with specific consideration to the Financial Crime requirements
Reporting to the Director of Compliance, EMEA and MLRO, the role holder will play a key part in effective compliance delivery across all Circle products areas by supporting the business as the Financial Crime subject matter expert and advising on strategic and operational matters e.g. assist in the evaluation of existing Financial Crime risks and the potential Financial CrimeCompliance impacts on new customer models, initiatives and products.
What you'll work on
- Represent Compliance as an AML and AFC SME across all products, leading the delivery of changes on existing and new product lines, by providing clear and coherent Compliance expertise and advice.
- Responsible for day to day liaison and Compliance management of outsourced AML and Risk Operations activities across group, delivering oversight and assurance review of delivery against SLAs in line with regulatory expectations and requirements.
- Assist in the development of Compliance Monitoring Plans and ensure local implementation.
- Assist in the development of MLRO report, and the development of MI to support the effective creation of Board level submissions.
- Ensure AML and AFC compliance policies, risk assessments and operational procedures are up to date and appropriate.
- Work with the operations teams to implement control standards that comply with business and Payment Services regulatory requirements.
- Support operation teams in the evaluation of any fraud or suspicious transaction alerts.
- As Deputy, acts as MLRO and Head of Compliance in Directors absence.
What you'll bring to Circle
- Compliance experience in a fin-tech/payments business.
- Strong understanding of AML and AFC.
- Good understanding of the Payment Services Regulations 2017, GDPR and Money Laundering Regulations 2017 as well as detailed knowledge of industry guidance such as JMLSG.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in policy and procedure drafting.
- Experience in providing training and advice to internal stakeholders.
- Relevant industry qualifications.
- Change Agent, comfortable in a dynamic environment.
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We're backed by $250 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat), Accel Partners and Bitmain, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.
Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today.
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.About your personal informationWe respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Please refer to our candidate privacy notice here. for more information on how we will be using your personal information. By submitting your application, you agree that you have read and understood the candidate privacy notice .