Back To All Jobs Chief Compliance Officer - Markets
Our vision is to bring more innovation, efficiency, and equality of opportunity to the world by building an open financial system. Our first step on that journey is making digital currency accessible and approachable for everyone. Two principles guide our efforts. First, be the most trusted company in our domain. Second, create user-focused products that are easier and more delightful to use.
Inline with our vision, Coinbase is hiring a Chief Compliance officer to help build the future alternative trading system (ATS). Responsibilities
- Lead the Compliance and regulatory initiatives, including managing and helping the Compliance staff
- Maintain overall compliance with relevant regulators while mitigating business and regulatory risk
- Develop, maintain and enforce written supervisory controls
- Serve as primary contact for regulatory exams and inquiries
- Advising the business senior leadership team and other senior managers on all relevant matters impacting the ATS and the other businesses in scope.
- Partner with the Product and Engineering team to ensure Compliance requirements are communicated and incorporated into the product development process.
- Develop, maintain and strengthen the relationship between compliance and the business by providing timely and effective advice and strengthening the communication channels to ensure a two way flow of information
- Interact with technology to ensure trading systems, books and records, and information security practices remain compliant with firm policies and industry regulation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Current Series 7 and 24 licenses
- Minimum 10 years of compliance experience with a broker-dealer or securities regulator
- Proven working knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations
- A pragmatic and technology-focused approach towards compliance and meeting business goals
- Strong organizational skills and confirmed ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment
- Well-versed in the art of drafting procedures and evaluating internal controls
- Strong interest in the cryptocurrency space.