The Global Custody and Cash Services (GCCS) technology team is multi-locational (New York, New Jersey, India) and is organized to support the functions of the Custody Product Roadmap:
- Asset Servicing
- Positions & Settlement
- Foreign Exchange, Cash & Liquidity
The opportunity is to join the GCCS technology team in New York in support of our overall function.
The role will entail working directly with our architects and engineers to prepare business documentation and presentations that define and detail our technology roadmap and key deliverables. Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with stakeholders to prepare effective presentations for both internal and external audiences
- Ensure we articulate commercial business objective within all our materials
- Contribute to the development of technology strategy and development plans for modernization
- Understand and analyze industry trends, regulatory developments and competitive landscape, especially around crypto, blockchain etc
- Provide technology messaging to client and product teams
- Work with Senior Managers to position technology and present key messages to external clients/prospects as well as BNYM senior management
Sr. Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives. Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 8-10 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus The successful candidate will have worked in a securities, investment management, or Global Custody environment for a minimum of 5 years with the following skills:
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Team player with the ability to lead and motivate people across the bank
- Results orientated: Drive results through people, communication, influence management and interactions.
- Strong Analytical/Quantitative skills, using programs such as Microsoft Office( particularly EXCEL and Powerpoint)
- Communication: Confident communicator in all mediums across varied audiences combined with the ability to interact with senior executives
- Strong presentation skills
- Multi-tasker: Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize workloads, and manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Ability to maintain close working relationship with Product Management, Client Service and Technology managers to ensure customer satisfaction and product profitability
- Ability to think outside of the box with the vision, energy and practical execution skills to help define the business strategy and deliver accordingly
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple initiatives/projects/work streams simultaneously
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New YorkInternal Jobcode:
Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644Requisition Number: