About Autonomos Capital
Autonomos Capital is one of the world’s leading advisors to blockchain companies, providing insight and hands on support to outstanding teams building socially-minded blockchain ventures. We are a fun, hard working, and experienced team helping entrepreneurs build tokenized ecosystems to fuel endeavors that can positively change our world. For more information about us, check us out at https://www.autonomos.capital/.
We are seeking a marketing and public relations associate who can complete projects remotely. Your primary responsibilities will be to create written content to be published across multiple online channels and enthusiastically expand our brand in the blockchain industry. You will also contribute to our advisory projects, which require help in writing, reviewing and editing whitepapers, websites, press releases, and other content, as well as strategic advice.
This is not a 9-to-5 job. We’re an early stage company with a successful management team, so expect each day to be different and exciting!
We are looking for someone who is:
- A good writer and communicator. Comfortable writing in technical terms or to novices depending on the audience. Able to write persuasively and objectively. You probably already saw the split infinitive in the second paragraph of this job posting.
- Diligent and professional. Someone we can count on to represent the team well with clients and take ownership of projects through to completion.
- A curious, critical thinker. Self-driven to learn, and not afraid of something that may be hard to understand the first time.
- Trustworthy. Committed to doing the right thing. We do not cut corners, and we need someone we can trust to do the same.
- Coachable. A team’s product is almost always better than one person’s. You won’t take offense to your writing being edited or taking a few extra times to get a project *just* right. We will also be respectful and constructive coaches.
- Able to operate independently. We’re a lean team, and while there will be plenty of support and communication, you’ll frequently need to make your own decisions.
- Fun. We are a team that loves music, media, good food, and the global diversity of the blockchain industry. Hopefully you can share some of the things about yourself that are fun and unique to you too.
- Managing Autonomos Capital’s social media, blog, editorial writing, PR, and community engagement
- Drafting original content for distribution across traditional (e.g. newspapers) and non-traditional channels (e.g. Telegram, Discord)
- Developing and executing creative marketing campaigns to expand our firm’s brand
- Forming the right kinds of relationships with journalists, PR representatives, copywriters, bloggers, and tastemakers to ensure that our brand and content receive priority
- Collaborating with senior staff and CEO on editing and reviewing advisory projects
- Staying on top of industry trends and consistently finding ways to adapt to new audiences
- Located in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Authorized to work in the United States (We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship)
- Core working hours from 9am to 6pm
Bonus Points (Not required, but highlight any of these in your cover letter):
- Previous experience in blockchain, journalism, marketing or PR industries
- Familiarity with common blockchain topics (e.g. the Howey Test, different consensus mechanisms for protocol tokens, interesting use cases for blockchain, etc.)
- You are a regular reader of crypto blogs or are a member of crypto telegram groups
- Investments in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets
If so, tell us about your background, why you want to work in blockchain, why you think you meet the requirements above in an eight sentence maximum cover email to Aaron@autonomos.capital.
Please title your email in the subject: “Marketing/PR Candidate: [YOUR NAME].” Attach your one page maximum resume and a three page maximum writing sample to the email.
If we are interested in following-up, we’ll contact you with further instructions. During the process, you can expect one or two small written assignments to demonstrate your writing quality. Questions? Please contact Aaron@autonomos.capital