What are we searching for?
- A (Research) Project Manager / Communication Manager for an interdisciplinary research project around blockchain and P2P communities. P2P Models is a 5-year (2018-2022) EU-funded (1.5M€) project around blockchain and the commons, which will be based at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain), with Principal Investigator and advisors from the Berkman Klein Center (Harvard University).
- P2P Models aim is to build decentralized, democratic & sustainable Collaborative Economy organizations, aided by blockchain technologies. More in this thread: https://twitter.com/samerP2P/status/928820944705130498
What does the role involve?
- Day-to-day and ongoing operations for the project, which may include coordinating research activities; monitoring overall timelines and outputs including project planned outcomes; guidingthe team efforts in collaboration with the PI; liaising with the university administration; managing the project budget; aiding to apply for further funding through grant applications.
- Facilitate the project social impact, which involves communicating with external actors, both researchers and practitioners, to build a community of collaborators; coordinate with the team designer and other members to facilitate the project’s outreach, including an active presence on social media, and when relevant, news outlets; represent the project at conferences and other events, and organizing events; push forward writing tasks, e.g. blog posts, press releases, research pieces.
We would love to meet you if you have
- Organizational skills including planning and prioritizing
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills, including communication, collaboration, negotiation and adaptation
- Experience with research project management
- Experience managing / leading interdisciplinary teams
- Consider yourself resolute, responsible, detail oriented, autonomous, creative, and/or with initiative to propose changes.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
And these are a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)
- Experience writing grant-writing and research project proposals
- Experience with design thinking and/or facilitation techniques
- Experience with storytelling and/or communication management, with writing/editorial skills
- Experience with interacting with software developers, and/or IT knowledge, ideally blockchain
- Experience in management within EU institutions
- Interest/experience in social movements, activism, commons-oriented initiatives, co-ops, and/or open collaborative communities
- Experience with research, and interest to do occasional collaborations in ongoing research
- Underrepresented demographics in the blockchain or commons fields to increase the team diversity
Oh, and these are also nice to have
- Sense of humour, verve, heart, and maybe a bit freak
- Desire to affect change in the world
- Wide-range interests, e.g. Internet, decentralization, social research, critical theory, openness, communities
How to apply?
Send us an email to email@example.com with your CV (mentioning 2-3 references) and a motivation letter. Feel free to write any question/doubt to firstname.lastname@example.org including in the subject “Open position: Project Manager”. The position is meant to start in Fall. The deadline for applicants is September 1, although we will hire as soon as we find the ideal candidate, so applicants are encouraged to submit asap.