Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineers to join our engineering team as we tackle some some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space, like how do we securely scale a distributed financial platform that touches millions of people a day.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps, is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Blockchain's services are reliable and available meeting our users' and the business's needs, and delivers a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
At Blockchain, SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems-we build our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems. SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems are designed for operability, how they relate to each other, and we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
The SRE/DevOps environment at Blockchain is a work in progress - we are looking for SREs to join the team. Are you ready for a challenge? WHAT YOU WILL DO:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Optimize existing systems for scalability and build large-scale infrastructure.
- Use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Build continuous deployment/integration solutions.
- Work on web-scale monitoring systems.
- Work in close collaboration with developers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Experience working with configuration management solutions.
- You have a passion for learning new technologies.
- You believe that communication/collaboration is one of the most important points in SRE culture.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (knowledge of Go / Java is a plus).
- Good knowledge of best practices for web-scale infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of container solutions.
- Experience working with cloud solutions (AWS or GCP).
- Bonus: Experience working with collocated deployments.
- Bonus: Experience working with, or knowledge of, the bitcoin protocol.
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems is a plus.
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch) and New York (SoHo).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favorite GIF